Sunday, July 29, 2012

Run #3... Treadmill again...

So I hit the treadmill again today at the YMCA. I used to hate the treadmill but that animosity is certainly NOT there at this point. (Thank goodness.) I did 3 miles in 38:08 which again is way slower than I ran pre-injury (not that I was technically fast before, but my last 5K - 3.1 miles - was 10 minutes faster than this).

I really, truly enjoyed my run today. It helped that (1) I had my daughter's Ipod Shuffle on me today so I had some awesome tunes to run to and (2) the Olympics were on the tv right in front of my treadmill so it was a phenomenal distraction. The US men's indoor volleyball match was quite entertaining and I forgot I was even running there for a little while.

Still no pain in the hip, thigh, knee, calf, etc. WOO HOO! I have been pretty sore the last two days overall but that was generalized and equal bilaterally (nothing on the right side specifically).

It's going to be an interesting week. I start my new job tomorrow (yippee!) so am working weird scheduling all across town for orientation but I want to make sure to get 4 total runs in this week. One is already down though. And my next run will take me to double digit miles for 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment