Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm a jogger. Ha Ha.

So my new plan at home is to walk as a warm-up around the neighborhood before I start my 13 daily at-home exercises, just like I've done at PT the last two sessions. Today my goal was to walk for 30 minutes; I haven't had any problems walking and I've got to make sure I'm getting lots of walking in before I go back to work. Nursing is such a physical job and I need to be in great shape!

So in 30 minutes, I made it 1.69 miles today! Pretty snazzy stuff.  And well, I decided to jog the last .19 miles.

I know, I know. I'm not supposed to run yet. But I didn't RUN. I jogged!

(Technicality, I know. But, the 1.5 walking miles were actually at a substantially faster pace than the 0.19 jogging miles. So it was really, truly slow.)

I won't lie, I just had the urge to see what it felt like. I wanted to know if everything would move like it's supposed to, if my form was altered, etc. It was fantastic; nothing hurt, nothing got tweaked. It was just weird, because it's been so, so long. It was also a good reality check for me, because it was a good reminder that when I actually start running again, I'm going to be unbelievably slow for an incredibly long time. (And that's okay too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment