Friday, April 27, 2012

Phase 3 of PT

So we kicked it up a notch (or 5) at PT this morning. I walked 15 minutes on the treadmill and went 0.92 miles this time (started at 3.5 mph and was up to 4 by the time I finished). Then I got to try several new exercises and I got to watch as my quads quivered several times. I don't know why but I love when that happens!

I also started using a stepper (think, step aerobics classes) so I can get better at going up and down stairs, which I know is my biggest weakness right now. I still feel fairly unsteady on stairs so am ready to get that behind me.

I brought some cupcakes to the Relay for Life bake sale my unit is having at the hospital and got to see some of my coworkers. I can't believe it's been almost 4 months since I was last at work, and even though nothing's changed, the unit looked totally different. And tomorrow also marks 2 months since I had surgery.


No comments:

Post a Comment