Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Much happier post today

So this is going to be a much more positive post than yesterday's. PT yesterday afternoon was wonderful. And I went to the YMCA today!

1. My PT knew something was wrong as soon as I walked in the door (by reading my face). She reminded me that I should be pretty proud of the fact that I worked 2 shifts in a row and only hurt for the last half of the last day. My body needs to re-learn being on my feet all the time.

2. She gave me some super awesome ideas about exercises to do at work, and also gave me ideas when to do them. For example, there are some standing leg lifts I do (normally with resistance) that I could do at work while I'm pulling meds out of the Accudose machine. I never would have thought of that. Kudos to her. She also taught me a couple of new exercises and stretches that are more at-work-friendly too.

3. After PT, I did feel a lot better physically. I still was hurting, but not like I was prior. I skipped several exercises and we went for a "short day" but the ones I did do, felt really, really good. She reminded me that standing causes a lot of tightness, so I needed to counteract that with the exercises I did yesterday.

4. I woke up feeling better today, just slightly sore, so I did all my home exercises and went ahead to the YMCA. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical at a slow pace and it felt great, no issues whatsoever.

5. Then I got in the pool with Bella. And although I was being a mommy and needing to keep an eye on her, I was able to do a good bit of kicking (a la backstroke and freestyle, but with a noodle and in-place). That felt fantastic. Wish we could have been members of the Y all along, it would have been nice to do this before now (but we were saving money of course).

So all in all, my mood is restored. I'm still a little worried about working 3 shifts in a row this weekend (and every weekend) but maybe with my new ideas and new workouts, it won't be so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment