Friday, May 11, 2012

Awesome day!

So yesterday (May 10) was my first day back at work, which meant 12-hour shifts on my feet (why my MD took so long to approve me to go back to work). And it was a total success. Around 9 hours in, I started feeling a little sore and tired but that was it. No pain.

Whew.

I figured I'd be fine, but that isn't to say I wasn't nervous beforehand (albeit that was mostly mental, afraid I'd forget how to do my job type stuff). But I am fortunate to work with an AMAZING team of nurses and techs who took excellent care of me. I had an easy assignment, and folks kept checking to see if I was feeling okay. I was a little more purposeful in sitting down than I used to be pre-injury, so that was good. I'm off today and then work Sat/Sun this weekend.

Can I say, I love my job?

On a separate note, a few weeks back, I had entered a contest run by Saucony, the makers of my beautiful, favorite fabulous running shoes called Kinvara 2s (see this post: I love talking about running.) The contest was a week-long and you had to send in pictures of what inspired you to run. Well, for me, that's easy. Rachael. She's why I started running (the NYC Half was for charity in her memory). So I entered one of my favorite pictures of her and had so many of my awesome Facebook friends and family vote for me. Well I found out yesterday that I officially WON!

I get a new pair of Saucony Kinvara 3s!!! Again, see this post: I love talking about running where I was drooling over these. I've been waiting with great anticipation for these for over for six months when I first heard the changes they were making to the Kinvara 2s. These just went on sale a couple of weeks ago. Yippee!!!

Apparently they will ship in 4-6 weeks. Lovely timing, I might add, considering my orthopedic surgeon told me on Wednesday that when I see him in 6 weeks, he will probably clear me to run (though I have to start on the treadmill).

4 comments:

  1. YAY LORI! SO happy for you on both the successful day at work and WINNING the shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see the success in your surgery. BTW, is there any nerve issue? I read you had 1hr 59min in traction for you leg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! So glad you won!!!! Awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, no nerve issues at all. He said he wanted to make sure it was under 2 hours to avoid nerve issues, and it worked.

    Thanks Jessica and Steph/Pat!

    ReplyDelete