Friday, May 4, 2012

PT, check!

So I may have seen my physical therapist for the last time today. *gasp* Well, to clarify, I still go on Monday but she won't be there. She doesn't expect my MD to continue my therapy (except my home exercises of course). So weird.

I did the treadmill again today, walking of course, and I set the speed at 4 for 10 minutes. That's about as fast as I can walk on that thing without breaking into a jog (which I wanted to do). Only went 0.66 miles.

Then she had me "jog" on a little mini-trampoline for 2 minutes. Halfway through she asked how I felt. My response? "I feel like slinging open the front door and coming back in about an hour after a nice jog through the city." Ha! She said there's no reason the MD shouldn't clear me to run next week. Woo hoo!

Now I need to buy an exercise ball so I can do my Supermans, crunches, and squats.

Last night we went to a member's preview at the Aquarium to check out the new Madagascar exhibit (read: lemurs, hissing cockroaches, parrots, Nile crocodile, and bunches of frogs and geckos and the like). Last time I went to the Aquarium I required use of a wheelchair to get around (the crutches would have worn me out). So this was going to be great, sans crutches. I got around pretty well, except for the stairs. I can go down stairs fine. But going up the stairs, I still feel the annoying patellar tendonitis in the right knee when I lead with the right leg. That pulling up motion doesn't feel so good. I want to feel 100% normal and I'm about 90% (I'm not including running in this; just talking about pain and range of motion). But then again, it's only been 2 months since surgery. I just wish the knee thing would go away. I didn't hurt my knee, I hurt my hip, so I would like my knee to cooperate, please. The good thing is, walking makes it feel very happy. Running had better do the same. *wink*




No comments:

Post a Comment