Monday, May 14, 2012

So I worked two in a row...

Sat/Sun back-to-back shifts and I'm hurting. *sigh* I did great on Thursday and on Saturday. But about halfway through yesterday's shift, I started having some pain. And it hasn't stopped. It's not awful, but it's definitely there. Took my first pain med this morning in over a month.

Now, the clear head of mine says, "Well duh. 12-hour shifts sometimes made me hurt PRIOR to getting injured. So of course my first consecutive shifts are going to cause some pain. I've been a bum (other than PT) for the last 4.5 months."

But the anxious rest of me says, "What am I supposed to do about it? I've got to work. I'm doing 3-in-a-row so I can keep my WOW contract from here on out. So I'm going to be miserable this weekend since I start my Fri/Sat/Sun rotations in 4 days. Am I going to hurt forever? Am I going to be able to work like this?"

Ugh. I wanted to go to the YMCA today to do ellipticals and swim, before PT this afternoon. Clearly that isn't happening. I'm a little worried about PT alone. But it'll also give me the opportunity to ask about some exercises or stretches that I may be able to do at work if I start to have pain.

I'm sure part of this is the fact that I was SO excited that Thursday and Saturday went so, so well. So I figured I was good to go. So some of this is disappointment and frustration. I'm sure I'll feel fine tomorrow and my mood will snap back too.

No comments:

Post a Comment