Thursday, May 31, 2012

NEW SHOES!

So I was on the way home from work yesterday (about 7:45 pm) when Charlie calls and says, "So I figured you'd want to know the UPS man just left. I just brought the box inside." And I'm thinking, "Umm, what did I order? I just did an online order for birthday party supplies but I didn't overnight it." And then he says, "I called because it's from Saucony."

I squealed.

These are my new, awesome running shoes I've been drooling over since last fall when I first heard they were updating my favorite running shoe (Saucony Kinvara 2). The Kinvara 3s weren't even released until May 2012. I won one of their weekly contests (thanks to an awesome Facebook family!) and have been waiting anxiously for them to arrive. But they weren't supposed to get here for a couple more weeks.

Anyway, here they are! Now I really, really, REALLY want to go for a run. (PS - I'm changing the laces out on one shoe to the pink ones. I decided to mismatch. I'll post a photo of that another time.)


In other news, I worked 3 shifts in a row again last weekend, and it was ROUGH on my hip. *sigh* I ended up needing pain meds when I got home after the 2nd shift. Not intense, sharp, acute pain like pre-surgery. But very, very tight and sore. I'm really glad the next couple of weeks, I don't do 3 in a row.

Once Charlie is home for the summer starting next week, I look forward to many more days of swimming laps. It's hard to do that when I'm home with Munchkin. But once he's home, I'll definitely be hitting the pool daily. My PT gave me extra ideas to do in the pool, in addition to swimming laps, so I am excited.

Less than 3 weeks til I see my doc. I NEED TO RUN!

1 comment: